Gladstone firefighter Adam Hollier, 32, enjoys the challenges of the job. Luka Kauzlaric


IT'S not all fun and games in Adam Hollier's "hot" career. As a Gladstone firefighter, Adam faces numerous challenges every day, but has continued to prove to himself that he can certainly handle the heat.


After completing his training in Brisbane, the 32-year-old moved to Gladstone in May to begin a rewarding career as a Queensland firefighter.


"I love it," he said. "You learn a lot here and it's a good team."


When he's not fighting fires Adam enjoys his gym experience at Hub Total Fitness.


Travelling and outdoor activities also appeal to this Gladstone hero.


"I haven't been here long but I'm enjoying hiking, paddle boarding and other activities available here.


"Everyone has been very welcoming in the community in general, which has made the move a lot easier."


Previously, Adam worked as a fitness trainer and had various roles within sales, warehousing and manufacturing.


Firefighting was never a boyhood dream but the physicality and adversities of the job appealed to Adam, and the more he looked into it, the more he knew this was the job for him.


"I never really knew what I wanted to do as a career growing up, but I wanted a career that would challenge me and be something I could be proud of.


"I asked myself what would I do if I didn't have work. My answer was, put back into my community and help others where I could."